"If all you do is read a book, your shit is still gonna show up at happy hour!" Learn the sneaky half-truths that can often keep us from TRUE self-care from John Hopkins professor and executive leadership coach, Sharon Podobnik-Peterson.
In this podversation:
- Why Sharon describes herself as "values driven and multi-passionate"
- How her journey in the field of education has shifted over the years
- The sneaky half-truths that can often keep us from true self-care
- True self-care is so much more than bubble baths
- It's not self-care if it's not moving you towards something (e.g., self-love, better leadership etc.)
- Don't wrap your stress up in glitter. #sugarcoatedshit #shitastic
- The reason female relationships tend not to be as healthy as their male counterparts
- The power in asking those you care about, "How can I love on you right now?"
- Key differences between spiritual entertainment and spiritual enlightenment
- If all you do is read a book, your shit is still gonna show up at happy hour! #shitonalist & #stopdescribingyourshit
- Most people have several awakenings in life (i.e., revalari - Latin word for revelation)
- Living a eulogy life vs. a resume life
Tips for getting started with effective and practical self-care
- Therapist first to figure out your past shit
- Then a coach to figure out what's going on now (i.e., current shit)
- Only after those first two, add in helpful supplements like books, meditation, journaling etc.
- Rinse and repeat as needed
Meet Sharon Podobnik-Peterson:
Sharon is an executive leadership coach, adjunct professor of education at Johns Hopkins, and the founder of Go Love Yourself - THE #1 PERSONAL GROWTH SUBSCRIPTION BOX FOR WOMEN.
Special Offer For Sacred Psychology Listeners:
Enter promo code SACRED to receive 10% of ALL your purchases!