"Moms stop blaming your kids for why you're not showing up for yourself" and other truth bombs from education expert and spiritual mindset coach, Anne Livingston.
...And she tries to help me try and love the words self care and self love again.
In this podversation:
- How and why Anne jumped ship from her original job in education and then network marketing to coaching and back
- Anne's experience with shame around network marketing
- The power of alignment in business
- Exploring the inner critic and where it begins
- The role operant conditioning plays in core beliefs around parenting etc.
- What are you modeling for your child about self care and self worth?
- Breaking the cycle for your lineage
- When your child is acting out, it's often because they can't communicate with you
- The three core needs every child has: love, acceptance, and validation
- How are you nourishing yourself - body, mind, and soul?
- We need to let chaos happen.
- Moms stop blaming your kids for why you're not showing up for yourself.
- The brain loves to prove itself right; be careful with self-fulfilling prophecies and your excuses
- Your kids are always mirroring back to you what's going on within you
- 3 Easy Self Care Tips for Parents:
- Have some sort of morning routine which includes moving your body in some way
- Create a list of 10 things that bring you joy that don't require money or other people
- Some moms need their children as much as they think their kids need them which can be codependent.
- The power in asking yourself why you wanted children & healing any stories attached
- Anne helps me try and love the words self care and self love again.
- What does conscious parenting look like?
- Understanding your child has his or her own autonomy
- You are not here to teach your child. Your child is here to teach you.
- Your child is not here to make you feel a certain way.
- Compersion: being happy for someone else's happiness even if it's not because of or involving you
Meet Anne Livingston:
Anne Livingston is a Spiritual Mindset Coach who teaches women the importance of self-love through self-care, in order to show up authentically in the world.
She is currently living a nomadic life, traveling the country with her 2 cats while she teaches, coaches, writes, and explores.
Connect with Anne further at: www.annelivingstoncoaching.com