What could make a young woman choose to breed roaches for a living? How curiosity and a passion for ensuring each customer enjoys his or her experience allowed Jess Rosen to disrupt a billion dollar industry.
In this podversation:
- How Jess came to breed roaches and other creepy crawlers
- The analogy and symbolism of "living in the edges" and edge species
- Jess' advice for anyone considering becoming a breeder
- How her client-centered focus on "making buying roaches fun" translated into $$
- The power and purpose in keeping the core values of the mission paramount as she scaled
- Jess's grandfather's legacy as a founding father of the Poconos tourism boom
- Why Jess focuses on attraction marketing
- Embracing life's challenges and plot twists
- "Once you make a decision, you have to back up that decision with all of your other decisions."
- The growth edge/ spiritual lesson Jess is wrestling with
- Not forgetting to care for the woman within/ "There's a difference between your role and your soul."
- "Take the time to find out what you love and then spend as much time as you can doing that."
Meet Jess Rosen
Jessica is a mother of two and the owner of The Laughing Lizard Company - a small business that produces and sells live insects. She loves nature, live music, cooking, sewing, learning, metaphysics, and philosophy.
Connect with Jess further: Facebook.com/laughinglizardreptiles