Relationships are in danger when partners make automatic assumptions. Non-traditional relationship expert, Gina Senarighi, explains why we all need to get clear on key issues like trust, privacy, and appropriate boundaries with those we love.
In this podversation:
- How Gina came to choose the niche she did: non-monogamous relationships
- The overlap with other common relationship issues
- Likely topics you have or are currently taking for granted in your romantic interactions because you have them on what Gina calls "default status."
- "Default monogamy sets couples up for failure."
- Why not have a yearly check up for your relationship?
- Gina's 100 questions
- It doesn't always have to feel like work when we're talking about relationships.
- The danger in not getting clear on trust, privacy, and appropriate boundaries
- You shouldn't be your partner's only friend or source of intimacy, even if you're monogamous
- How relationships may be like ice cream flavors
- A powerful reframe for jealousy and boundaries that is honoring of your relationship
- "Jealousy doesn't travel alone."
Gina Senarighi is a couples counselor, communication consultant, and author who's been helping loving couples transform their relationships for nearly 20 years at retreats, workshops, and in consultations.
Her non-judgmental straight-talk approach, generous expertise, and warmth puts clients at ease to get real when facing infidelity, jealousy, and non-monogamy. She supports clients online and on retreat as they reconnect with passion and authenticity.
She currently lives in Portland, Oregon with her partner, their baby, and her little dog, Frida.
Connect with Gina further:
www.uncommonlovepdx.com and www.ginasenarighi.com