Becky's story sounds more like a Lifetime movie than real life. She struggled with anxiety and depression in childhood, her dad died 8 hours after her son was born, and then she was 8 months pregnant with her daughter when her husband died. Now she's inspiring women across the globe to CHOOSE how to live BRAVELY.
In this podversation:
- Becky's history with anxiety and the healing effects of normalization
- How anxiety & depression often go hand in hand
- Exploring the taboo subject of medication and other ways of treating mental health issues
- What it's like to be in a relationship with someone who has anxiety/ depression
- Having to plan a wedding when her fiancé was diagnosed with cancer
- Dealing with back to back losses of her grandfather and then her father
- A classical conditioning component of fear with her second pregnancy
- How Becky & her husband processed and grieved BEFORE his death
- Why she named her daughter "Libby"/ "Elizabeth Grace" - which means 'dedicated to God'
- Moving through the natural crisis of faith that ensued
- Grappling with the concept of living BRAVELY
- Learning to dream again and not allowing fear of something bad happening again to hold her back
- Becky's BRAVE together FB Group & BRAVE Together LIVE event
Meet Becky McCoy
Becky L McCoy lives on the Connecticut coast with her two precocious and hilarious children. She once enjoyed teaching high school physics and now tells her story of loss, grief, and joyful living on her blog.
Having struggled with depression and anxiety and experienced several seasons of grief and struggle, Becky is passionate about creating an online community where people share their stories and encourage one another to choose to live bravely and authentically through disappointment and discouragement.
You can find Becky on all forms of social media @BeckyLMcCoy, on her blog at BeckyLMcCoy.com, and her podcast Sucker Punched